Thank you for all the nice comments/thumbs-ups/re-tweets I received in the passed few days about The Random Way Home.
A few of you wanted to see the video I made for the final episode of The Random Way Home without the ‘Thank You’ ticker. And a couple of you asked how I made it. Maybe I’ll do a time Lapse tutorial someday, but there are some really good ones out there on the net already. Like this one.
How it was made. Pretty simple really,
- Get one wife,
- Attach a GoPro to her bicycle helmet.
- Select Time Lapse mode (5 Second intervals)
- Send her down the side of a mountain, in this case, Emory Pass, New Mexico.
- Stop at the bottom of the mountain for a piece of cake and a Coke.
- Add some magic. Edit in Final Cut Pro 7. Grade it Adobe After Effect, using the Magic Bullet plugin.
And then it ends up looking something like this.